Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Missing Time


"The unexamined life is not worth living" ~Socrates

Journalling used to be a passion of mine; it was the outlet I used to clarify my thoughts, sort out my deepest desires, and make beauty of this world. But over the past few years, my journaling has gone from daily, to weekly, to maybe every once in a while. And on those occasional once-in-a-while days, instead of reflecting on my life (like I'd done before), I'd always try to make up for the lost time and fill in as many random events that I could remember as if not recording them would erase them from history. I'd say what happened in school or something fun my friends and I did over the weekend, but it all seemed so boring and pointless. I was documenting events solely for the sake of remembering them, not gaining any real meaning from them. Self-expression through writing, which was once such a large part of me, was now void of all the meaning it held... So that's why I'm writing now, to change the pattern of inconsistency and monotony. I want to reflect on and gain meaning from life, not only record it. I know there will still be some days I write and some that I do not, some events I record and some I do not, and that's okay. I've learned, that instead trying to make up for missing time, I should hold this very second dear and discover what this very moment is teaching me. I want to expand my view of the world, appreciating life for what it's truly worth, and maybe through my ponderings, I can inspire other's to do the same. So here's to today's exploration and beauty.


No comments:

Post a Comment